Friday, November 23, 2012

Pay it forward...is not just a sad Kevin Spacey film

My quiet coffee time today was spent in a reflective haze that was induced by too much stuffing, too much pomegranate punch (with a kick), and just-plain-insomnia.  It was NOT because of all the Black Friday ads, commercials, Facebook posts etc.  I choose to do my Christmas shopping from my laptop...but I digress.

My insomnia came at a precious price...God was speaking to me.  In order to fully appreciate this fact I must back up some.  About 2 months ago, feeling very overwhelmed with my responsibilities: work, kids, bills, soccer practice, his weekend, my weekend, thanksgiving/Christmas plan requests (in September....really?)...I was approached by a colleague...who said God had spoken to her...about me!  I was a little taken aback, and flattered in a way...then I felt very bad.  HE knew I needed the kind words of a friend.  What kind of shape was I in for God to reach out to a friend for me.  He knows me best...and knows that I needlessly carry the weight of the world on my shoulders sometimes. 

So last night, God spoke to me...he told me to reach out to an old friend.  Which I did...and I spent my quiet coffee time this morning wondering if I would hear from her.  When she did contact me this morning, we both recognized that it was God's will.

That is God - helping me to pay it forward!

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment