Saturday, December 1, 2012
distress as an opportunity?
Distress is a word that conjures up visions of a sinking ship in my mind. SOS
What if my ship is my life - yikes. Not my entire life - just part of it.
My responsibilities at work are overwhelming this year - more like my first year teaching...like the 12 years experience when right out the dang window. I'm not sure why it is like that. I feel like I'm muddling through...working harder not smarter. Boo Hiss (as my Aunt Robbie used to say). My fear is that I will "figure it out" and the year will be over!
As I sit and sip my coffee, and surfing Facebook, a friend from high school posted this bible verse: With God's help we can claim more than mere survival-we can claim victory! Look for ways God can use your distress as an opportunity to show his mighty power. Psalm 108:13
My relationship with God is getting better these days. After my divorce I kinda pushed aside that part of my life - and my Bible has dust to prove it.
I want to do more than just survive - I want to be victorious! I want to not fly by the seat of my pants at school - I want to leave at the end of the day feeling like I really taught my students something. My distress should be an opportunity for me to step aside and let God lead me...
Cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment